September 26, 2012
With the increase in awareness about the health risks caused by the overexposure to the harmful rays of the sun, more and more people are looking for alternative tanning methods. And more and more are turning to spray tanning to get their golden glow. This has made spray tanning a lucrative business and the costs of establishing this business are fairly low, especially if you start a mobile spray tanning business. Here are some tips on how you can start your own spray tan business.
1. Once you have made up your mind on setting up a mobile spray tanning business, you will have to consider the fact that you will have to go to your customers rather than them coming to you. You can also consider setting up a booth at locations like gyms, salons, or hotels.
2. Create a business plan that will lead you onto the road of success. The planning stage of your new business is the most important part and should not be overlooked. Your business plan should not just lay out your spray tan business goals, but it will also address issues related to your business, such as finances, operation of the business, and the profitability of the business.
3. If you will be operating alone, you will be the sole proprietor of your business. You will have to check in with the health departments to gain the required permits and licenses.
4. You will need to buy to the right equipment for your spray tan business. A mobile spray tanning business requires a compressor, tanning solution, spray tanning tent, spray tanning machine, blending cream, protection for hair, nose and eyes, and gloves. Some other supplies you will need are business cards, invoice receipts, and signage.
5. Gain education on spray tanning. You will need to take a spray tanning course and practice well before you begin your mobile spray tanning business. This will teach you about the different types of skin’s your customers will have. You will learn about skin preparation, the correct method of application, and the different ingredients a spray tan solution has.
6. Be friendly to gain the trust of your clients. Your customer service is what will make your business a big success. If you are warm and friendly and are also fully aware of the products you will b using on your customers, you will assure them about your professionalism.
7. Advertise your mobile spray tan business through the internet, online directories, bulletin boards in hotels and salons, newspapers and local magazines. You should also think about getting your own website made.
8. Buying the right car for your mobile spray tan business is also very important as this is what will drive you around town. Be it a small car or van with your business’s name printed on it, your vehicle will give a good impression about your business